Thursday, May 31, 2007

I am famous!

I finally started the community English course I've been wanting to do for month. We met for the first time about three weeks ago now. I have around seven students, all adults who live in Pavel Banya. (Several of them are the parents of my kids, who want to learn English so they can help their children with their homework.) It's going fairly well so far.

The funny part - last week I got an email from another Peace Corps Volunteer, in Gabrovo. She wanted to know if some acquainances of hers, who live in Kazanluk, could attend my "famous" class. That's right - within two weeks, people in other cities were already talking about the free English class for adults in Pavel Banya. Ha! And here I thought my actions were only being followed by the people here in town.

Today is the last day of class for the second through fourth graders. From here on out, I only have school with the fifth through seventh grades. During the summer...I don't know. I have some ideas, but the only fairly concrete ones are that I'm going to have summer classes for my younger kids, and I'll continue my class for adults. I'd like to have a project that doesn't have to do directly with teaching - I don't know if my plans to translate the town's website into English really counts, though. Also, I'm going to work at a summer camp for advanced English students at the American University in Blagoevgrad for two weeks in July. I want to go to Romania, too.

That's what's up. Everyone keeps asking me if I'm going to the sea this summer. I don't know if I'll have the time!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home