Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I have gosti.

Last weekend I had three gosti (guests) over - members of the new group of Volunteers, the B21s. They have been in Bulgaria for a couple months now, and they haven't had the chance to see much of the country besides their training sites and immediate surroundings. They had to go through Sofia, which made me very nervous - I was like a frantic mom! There are two bus stations in Sofia, and I knew that they would arrive at one and leave from the other, and it was the trip between that made me nervous. Sofia is a pretty big city and it isn't particularly easy to get around. But they arrived safe and sound and bearing avocadoes. So we made guacamole, which was awesome.

Sometimes I feel like I just got to Bulgaria, and sometimes I feel like I've been here forever - and my old life back in the US seems awfully vague and unreal. Talking to the new volunteers gave me a good sense of perspective, I think. I've learned a lot in the last year and I feel much more confident and sure about the coming year. I had summer classes last year, and I remember floundering around, trying to find appropriate lessons, which was hard because I didn't know the kids or their language abilities. I'm planning my summer classes now, and I have all kinds of ideas. I'm finally figuring out what I'm doing, which is feels great. Of course, this is the last week of school, so it's kind of frustrating that school's ending just as I'm learning how to do my job.

In other news, I got cable! Shiny, shiny television.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ky, we hope you don't forget all about your life in the US. Remember, baseball games, etc. You got cable? Do they have The Sopranos? Want me to tell you how it all ended.... Nah.

Keep up the good work.

Dadski.

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home