Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Almost time for school...

First off, my project proposal was approved! I am so excited. This is going to be really great for my school. I put in a LOT of work (not to mention dealt will a LOT of frustration), so it's kind of a relief that it wasn't all for nothing.

Speaking of projects, if you feel the need to help out in Bulgaria, check out this project, which is soliciting funds through the Peace Corps Partnership Program (tax deductable for US citizens). The volunteer involved, Dan, is in my group and he lives in what's probably the most remote and...well, let's say, unfortunate village of any of us here in Bulgaria. Basically, they need a lot of help up there. Every time I see Dan he's got some new bizarre tale of woe of life on the Serbian border. (The best was when he got tapeworm. Tapeworm! Can't beat that story, sorry.)

Summer is winding down. I can't say I'm too sorry - I am looking forward to school, which starts 15 September (which is a Saturday...yes, the Bulgarian school system is so committed to starting on 15 September that we have school on a Saturday). I have lots of plans for my kids!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home